Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow Friday # 4

Look! The FF button has a new look and I'm loving it. 
Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee that expands your blog following by joint efforts between bloggers. This week's featured bloggers are Butterfly-o-Meter Books and Pretty in Fiction.

Question of the Week:  
What's the craziest thing you've ever done to 
get your hands on any particular book?

I am not really an impulsive book buyer. I weigh the books I want to buy and will think very very very hard before I buy a book. I prefer to just borrow the book first and then buy it after if I really LOVED it. I'd like to believe I am a frugal person. If I do have extra money, I'd either buy a book or stuff myself with food. But that rarely happens, since most of the time I really have no money to spend on books (Books here are so expensive, 'm telling you).

But you know what's my weakness? Bookstores. Put me in one and I'll never reemerged until you drag me out of it. And when it's one of those fateful days that I have my parents with me (I call them THE BANK), I swallow all my pride and beg for the book that really caught my eye. And it's not silent begging, mind you. I lay out on the table how awesome my grades are (not really), that I am a good student (white lie) and how I rarely ask them to buy me a book (truth!). If the good quality agenda didn't work, I sulk at the corner until they somehow realized that they are depriving me of one the few things I really love. Totally works all the time. You can say I'm spoiled but I'd like to say I'm just a "little" crazy about books.

What about you? 
Share your deepest, crazy secrets about book shopping.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday!
 Don't forget to check out my Giveaway Extravaganza

15 comments:

  1. Haha! That is a great tactic, normally my mum is the one who pays for my books, but of course, I have a limit if she's the one doing the paying. I call her my personal banker too! What a meanie :P

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom is awesome! I'm more of a Daddy's girl. My mom always give me a stink-eye whenever I ask her to buy me a book. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Nice answer! Love how your so choosey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That's good! I do that sometimes with my mom. Especially when I've run of gift cards.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I'm like that too. My parents, especially my dad, are my personal bankers. But since I have some(not much) money to spend, I sometimes buy books, not without pain. It's just so expensive!

    Don't forget to enter my Dragon's Oath Audiobook Giveaway
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, good tactic, I feel you :D
    And, I totally love your blog, it's so mysterious and intriguing!

    Following you back, thanks for stopping by and have a great bookish weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. Sounds like something my daughter would do. LOL.

    Thanks for stopping by. I returned your follow!

    My Follow Friday

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate to that because I am just as crazy about books. When I go to the indie book store they have to practically drag me out!
    New follower.
    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you beg. Our girls never did do that... can you believe that they were reticent if I offered to buy them a book?! 'We could just check it out at the library.' Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bahahaha! I'm taking notes this week of how to get people and parents to buy me books. I think I'm frugal in that though I always buy my books, I know whether I'll like them or not and I'll try and get it for as cheap as possible.

    I tend to ask for very, very, very little from parents so that when I do want or ask for something, they are more likely to get it for me. I didn't plan it that way, but the arrangement's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here! I have been known to beg my husband to buy me books (it's really just a ploy to make him feel like he actually has a say! lol)Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. My weakness is also bookstores and unfortunately there is a Barnes & Noble within WALKING distance of my house. Boyfriend says I'm not allowed to go. On rare occasions we go together, I'm on a tight leash. I'd buy the whole store!
    Thanks for stopping by this week! Your answer made me LOL!
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Sarah, Sorry for being a little late to the party this week. It's been really crazy.
    I've put up your button just now. Thanks for having ours. :)

    Maja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! Love the guilt trip tactic!

    Thanks for stopping by Pretty in Fiction! New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bwahaha. Love the parent guilt trip. That's just excellent :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...