Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday (11): The Archived


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating. 

Book: The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Publication Date: January 22, 2013
Publisher: Hyperion

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous-it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption. - From Goodreads

YOU GUYS! This book is going to be so big next year. I'm telling you. I can feel it in my bones. This book is like a firework waiting to explode. I happen to read a sneak peek in Netgalley, thanks to Hyperion and it's so gooood. For full coverage, you should click here.

It feels like torture because we have to wait til' January to read this. *stares in space*

What are you waiting on?
Leave your link down below so I can check yours out.

P.S. Want to WIN a pre-order of this book? Chase.......this. ;) 

21 comments:

  1. Been seeing this a lot! it's on Netgalley as well in case you did not know! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this book will be huge. Will try my luck to get it on NetGalley. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW ^^

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one does sound awesome! I can't believe it still doesn't come out until January. I love the idea of a library full of memories! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the preview of this book on Netgalley. After that, I'm salivating to read it ASAP :D Nice pick, Sarah.

    -Dani
    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fantastic!! I'm super excited for the library setting :) Check out my WoW pick at www.ReadingYA.com! ~Amie Beamer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to read this book too! Sounds really good and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Great pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for this book! It sounds incredible! Great pick!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It'll be January before we know it! I really like the sound of this one too and enjoyed what I read of the preview. :) Hopefully it will meet those high expectations! Awesome pick, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one a lot lately! It is on my TBR pile as well. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome choice!! I've had my eye on The Archived for ages! It's perfect for book bloggers!! I hope it's amazing. :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of this, but it does sound really good! I'm really intrigued now that you've read an excerpt and loved it...I'll definitely keep my eye out for this one! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got the preview sitting on my Kindle, but I didn't want to torture myself by reading it so soon before the release date!

    My WoW this week is Reboot by Amy Tintera

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I cannot wait for this book. Victoria is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book is going to be huge. I 100% agree! I love the cover, and the blurb makes me drool. Figuratively, of course. I can't wait for it, and I can guess that it might just become a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the sound of this one and I would love to read it when it comes out. I already have it on my to-read list and I can't wait. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's up, after reading this amazing article i am too glad to share my familiarity here with colleagues.

    My web site company of heroes 2 serial cd key (Orthowiki.Pl)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both
    educative and interesting, and let mme tell you, you've hit
    the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough folks are speaking intelligently
    about. I'm very happy that I found this in my search for something relating to this.



    Here is my website - company of heroes 2 serial code serial number

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just like the helpful information you supply in our articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I'm fairly sure I will be infoemed lots of new stuff proper right here!

    Good luck for the following!

    Have a look at my blog post company of heroes 2 cd key crack ()

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...