Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Owl Post (4)

Today's Owl Post entry will be dedicated to my awesome experience at the National Book Store Warehouse Sale. I think all my Filipino friends and readers would be able to relate to this. ;) 

So last Thursday, November 15, my friend and I went to the 1st day of sale. The place was packed-full of people and even though we arrived early in the afternoon, the payment line was already long. It was hot and chaotic but the place was filled with this kind of energy that would make you really giddy and excited. People were milling around and books were everywhere. Some were kind of ''harassing'' NBS staffs who were carrying boxes filled with new books to display so they could immediately get their hands on whatever books were there inside. It's like the zombie apocalypse just substitute brains for books.

Whoever this lady in blue is, thank you for being my muse. :P

There were no push carts available anymore so we have to literally haul our books in makeshift boxes so we could carry them around. After about 3 hours of shopping and lining up in the payment counter, my friend and I were dirty and sweaty all over. And then we have to commute home with the box.

This box was so heavy! But thinking that it's filled with good stuffs made it somehow lighter. 
We were exhausted but it was really worth it. Up to 80% off on books and school materials! It was like heaven for someone like me. 

The outcome of the book sale conquest.

Minus the school stuffs, I spent just around P 750 ($18) on books. I took home 7 hardbacks, 1 audiobook and 1 paperback, all in good condition!


The breakdown: 

~Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (Audiobook) -- from P 2015 ($49) to 200 ($4.8)
~Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin -- from P 515 ($12.5) to 50 ($1.2)
~Lucky Breaks by Susan Patron -- from P 615 ($15) to 100 ($2.4)
~Firebirds Soaring (Anthology) -- from P 785 ($19) to P 75 ($1.8)
~The Necromancer by Michael Scot -- from P 625 ($15.2) to P 75 ($1.8)
~Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr -- from P 645 ($15.7) to P 50 ($1.2)
~Passing Strange by Daniel Waters -- from P 615 ($15) to 50 ($1.2)
~Stop in the Name of Pants! by Louise Rennison -- from P 569 ($13.8) to P 50 ($1.2)
~Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? -- from P 615 ($15) to P 100 ($2.4)



Look at these new beauties! I went home very satisfied indeed! :D By the way guys, you could still make it to the sale. Today is the last day and it will be open from 10 AM to 7 PM. Seriously, you have to go. For more details click here

So what books did you get this week?
Leave your link on your own book haul post down below!

P.S. I have a giveaway going on. Everyone is welcome to enter.

4 comments:

  1. WOW. I am ogling at those books! You are so blessed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books, and awesome prices. Those are 2 fantastic things that I really like when they go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks. I'm a book lover as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! Great buys you have there. Hope you enjoy them and happy reading :D

    -Dannielle
    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/11/goddess-offerings-stacking-shelves-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...