Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Pushing The Limits Read-A-Long: 3rd week


Photobucket



Questions for the week:

1. In the beginning of this section Noah decides to ignore Echo because he’s angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?


I guess most of us has some kind of experience with this at one time or another. I did my share of ignoring but that's only because I need space and I don't want to say awful things that I'd surely regret later to that person. So, I know what it feels like for both ends and it's not really a happy thing.

2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinks he’s a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it’s not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?


Yes. On a personal level, this help me empathize with Noah more. For him letting other people brand him into something he's really not is his defense mechanism. He keeps everyone at arms length except for his two best friends and his brothers. It's hard for him to trust anyone, the distrust he feels for the system is apparent. I don't think Noah really cares what people thought of him, well, until Echo comes along. 

3. Ashley finds out she’s having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother ‘again’. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?


What Echo feels for her brother is the complete opposite of what she feels for Ashley. It's clear that she blames her for ruining her family and I do not think she overreacted. She sorely misses her brother and she just acted the way someone would act if they feel someone they loved most is being replaced by a representation of something that torn her family apart. Of course, at first I thought Ashley was the villain but I think she means well. She might think by telling Echo this, she wouldn't feel so alone anymore. 

4 . Echo doesn’t remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has troubles seeing her the way everyone else does. She can’t seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?


I believe that as much as Echo wants to see her Mom for answers, she wants to seek closure, too. Also, deep down inside her she wants to give her mother a chance. From her memories, she really thinks highly of her. I think she needs to see her Mom. It might give her the answers she needed and make her realize something about herself. 

5.) Noah doesn’t trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider? 


Noah is really determined to get custody of his brothers. He feels that by doing so they could become a family again. But there are indeed better options for him. Because if he did get custody of his brothers, he will have to throw away his future to become their dad. It's not a bad thing, I know but his brothers are now has a family who clearly loves them. They have a great future ahead of them. It's really a complicated thing because no matter what we say, Noah giving up getting the custody means letting go of his brothers, in a way. I just hope Noah would give himself a chance and don't get too blinded.

6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?


Actually, yes. We made a house back in High School. It was a very hot day and we were all really tired on our way home but it's a really rewarding experience knowing that you made a family happy and you've given them something permanent.  Then 2 years ago, we reconstructed two classrooms in a rural town. Education is something I feel strongly about and doing that classroom made me realized I'm actually helping those children to have a more meaningful and comfortable time at school and hopefully it will make them look forward to studying and learning. I don't get as much opportunity and time as I would like to reach out and volunteer but it's something I really want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...