Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pushing The Limits Read-A-Long: 2nd week


Photobucket

Questions for the week:

1. Noah and Echo create a plan to read their files.  What do you think of this plan?  Would you read your friends file first knowing you might not have time to read your own?  Would you want to read your own file?


I think the plan is very exciting. I don't think I could do it, though. I am a stickler to rules, the only thing I have trouble following is the time. (Yes, I am always tardy). Plus, when there's a prank going on, I am always the first one to bust it out because I can't even keep a straight face. Reading your own file seems like a big deal so I'd definitely wimp out and not do it.

2. Mrs. Collins starts to earn Noah’s trust by taking him to see his brother win a writing contest.  What do you think of how she’s handling Noah?  How would you feel if you were in Noah’s position, hearing that your brother sees you as his hero?


Personally, this was one of my favorite moments in the book. It's just so heartwarming and uplifting especially for Noah. Before, I really don't like Mrs. Collins but she's proving that she really cares and she's dedicated to make things work with Noah. I don't have any siblings but I have plenty of little cousins and if that moment happened to me, I know I would probably bawl my eyes out. 

3. Echo is starting to draw and paint again.  She’s starting to express the feelings and what she’s seeing as she’s starting to remember what happened that day.  Art therapy seems to be a popular way for people to deal with their feelings, why do you think Echo’s dad didn’t want her to continue with art since it was such a big part of her and is part of so many people’s therapy in dealing with similar issues?


There's something with art that could give Echo the memories she badly wanted back. I truly believe that even though his dad doesn't show it, he loves Echo. But that same love is greatly overshadowed by guilt and he is scared that when Echo starts to paint again, he might loss her, too. Stopping and prohibiting Echo to do what she loves may not be the healthiest option for her, but I understand her father for doing so even though it may seem selfish at a glance.

4 . We see how crazy Beth’s home life is and we start to understand why she is not as keen to be trusting with people in her life.  At the same time, we get to see how fiercely loyal Noah is.  What do you think of the way Noah reacted to Beth being beaten by her mother’s boyfriend?  Do you think it’s showing bad behavior that could get Noah in more trouble or the act of a true friend?


Well, friends got to do what they got to do. Noah is fiercely protective and loyal, just like Beth and Isaiah. For me in this kind of situation, protecting your friend even if it may lead to trouble is the righteous thing to do.

5 .) Echo has an unusual name.  What do you think of the story behind it?  Is there a Greek Myth or other story that would inspire you to name a child after a character?


Actually, I didn't think of it as a big thing. Although, it was a detail that added a little bit to Echo's character and provided a peek at Echo's mom. I think knowing the story behind her name subsconsciously made Echo wary about trusting people.

I think I would name my child Athena. I think she is the least petty of the goddesses. She is a great strategist and has a brilliant mind. I also like the sound of it, maybe it could be a second name? :P 

6. Echo’s big thing is trying to find “normal” again.  She doesn’t want to be the scared girl or the girl who can’t remember what happened to her, she just wants to be normal.  This goal impacts her relationships with her family, friends, Noah and her ex Luke.   But at the end of this section, Echo is starting to figure out that there’s no going back to old normal and she’s going to have to find a new normal.   How big of a step is it for Echo when she realizes she’s not “in” love with Luke and figures out that she does need to find a new normal?


So many things had happened to Echo that would probably scar her for life. She doesn't only have the physical scars to show for it but also the scars are deep within her. I think that even though she will move on eventually, the experiences would still be with her. I do believe in the saying that, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", and little by little I could see Echo trying to let go of the notion that she could go back to the way things were. It's a little bit scary to do that cause I know some people want stability and familiarity even if it's only at face value. Echo admitting she's "not into" or in love with Luke anymore is her way of letting things go and admitting the truth to herself. It's not exactly a big step into the "PAST IS PAST" land that will make her start bringing down the walls she made for herself but she's getting there. It's a baby step but she's on her way to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...