It's not really cool getting left behind by your reading peers. Yes, we all know that this is not a WHO-HAS-READ-THE-MOST race but it really sucks big time if you can't relate or join in a discussion because, alas, the book they're talking about is still on your to-read list.
There are a million reasons behind this but basically it all boils down to: THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY BOOKS!
In fact, because our TBR pile is in the hundreds and thousands (and millions? Oh God, I do hope not), you just have no idea what to pick. And because we bloggers and reviewers have reading commitments, what with all the requesting spree we do in Netgalley (guilty!), blog tour, and review requests to attend to, we just do not have the time to work on our ever-growing, distressing TBR.
So I thought of making this post to at least keep track of what books I haven't read yet but should've supposed to read by now and at least help perk up my reading. I hate living under my reading cave and my reading is in serious need of intervention. I've been experiencing the dreaded reading slump for about a month now and I need help. *gulps*
Since there are so many books that I really want to read, I handpicked the Top 11 in my list. No throwing of rocks, though. I hurt easily. ;) In no particular order, here they are:
2. Angelfall by Susan Ee
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
5. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
6. Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendra Blake
7. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
8. The Iron King and the rest of the series by Julie Kagawa
9. The Tiger's Curse and the rest of the series by Colleen Houck
10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
So what do you think of the books above?
Any favorites? What book should I dive in first?
Recommendations aside from the books mentioned are very much welcome and please do not contain yourself, I love squealing! :D