Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Blogger Confessions # 5


Book Blogger Confessions is a new blog meme hosted by Tiger of All Consuming Books and Karen of For What It's Worth. It is a weekly meme in which bloggers can vent share about their blogging "problems" and experiences.


Question of the Week:
Memes. Love em or hate em? 

How many do you participate in? Which kinds do you like best? 
Do you feel like there are too many?

To be honest, when I started blogging last November, I did not know memes exist much less know what they stand for or mean. But in the short months that followed, I could honestly say these weekly features on hundreds of blogs, made the blogging world much more exciting and  it provided a lot of ways to interact with fellow bloggers.

Case in point, Follow Friday, a weekly blog hop hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This has been so successful that even fairly new bloggers get noticed. It's like a rite of passage or something. I, for one, benefited on these awesome meme.  I increased my blog stats and meet new bloggers and friends. It's a win-win situation, folks.

Another meme I'm doing is this, Book Blogger Confessions. I just love doing this every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month because I could speak out about something that is relevant to what I'm doing here in the first place. It's a meaningful experience because I talked with other bloggers and learn from their posts.

But there are a lot of other memes out there. I love to do them all but these memes, while flashy and fun, can sort of pull you down. For starters, I do believe that a blog is first and foremost, a place to review books. So if your blog is 80% memes and only 20% book reviews, then that's really something to think about. Like always, there's got to be some balance.

How about you? What memes do you participate in? Which kinds do you enjoy best? 
Share your thoughts down below, I'd love to know!


Happy Monday!

Don't forget to check out my Comeback Giveaway! :)

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy WoW's and the various new versions of IMM but if a blog is just posting covers I get bored with that. Especially if everyone is doing it on the same day. My feeder is a sea of covers lol
    I do participate in them if I do have a book I'm waiting for if I did get something special in the mail but I'm preferring the new discussion memes that seem to be popping up more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I forgot to mention WoW! I do them too and I really enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love waiting on wednesday as well! i don't do the friday memes as much, but i'm glad you've had success with those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many meme's that I can't even keep up with them all. I love Waiting on Wednesday. I like Follow Fridays too. And my favorite is Top Ten Tuesdays. Honestly, there really are sooo many that I can't remember them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...