Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Read-A-Thon of The Year: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

March 23, 2012 is fast approaching. Everyone be it from the reading or non-reading community have already marked their calendars in eager anticipation for the theater-release of The Hunger Games, the first in the much-celebrated book trilogy of Suzanne Collins. I for one had never been this excited in a book-turned-into-movie adaptation since the Harry Potter phenomena. I have a countdown on my phone, in my bedroom and dormitory wall, and on my desktop. If I could post it up on my bathroom wall, I would. 



That's why we are happy to announce this event to help us kill time before the wait kills us (That's totally lame, I know) Me and Sana from Breathing Books will be hosting The Hunger Games Read-A-Thon, a month-long read-a-thon that will start from February 23, 2012 until the eve of March 23, 2012. We are still ironing out the schedule but as of now, it looks like this:

Click to enlarge.



Everyone can sign-up as of today, Feb 1 up to March 19. If you have missed one Chapter post you can always link it up on the succeeding Chapter post. As you can also see, there is a Highlight Post every Sunday. This is where we will choose the best post and we'll feature it that day so that everyone who joined this Read-A-Thon will get to read it! 

Anyone willing to contribute for prizes, giveaways and swags will be welcome with open arms and if this event goes as successfully as we hope it to, then we'll surely come back again for Catching Fire with better and bigger prizes. ;)

Bloggers and non-bloggers are welcome to join. Non-bloggers you can use Goodreads or any other posting platforms just make sure that you can link-it up so we can all read it. To sign-up, just do an introductory post with the details and the button for this event and link-it up below. Feel free to choose from the 2 buttons (codes can be found on the side-bar) and put it on your own side-bar or wherever you want. Help us spread the word by using the #THGReadAThon hashtag on Twitter! :)

Not only will this event serve as a refresher before the movie comes out but it will be fun discussing THG with other hardcore monkey mutts--er I mean hardcore THG fanatics.

So join us because the world will be watching and so will we.

Seeing as this is our first event to host, questions/recommendations/suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Want this read-a-thon to be extra special? Sponsor us!
Want to do a guest post? Contact us!
Email us at sarah[underscore]00988[at]yahoo[dot]com and sananoor[underscore]94[at]hotmail[dot]com

Now let's all watch the THG trailer. Let the drooling ensue!





12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I've already read the books more than once, but I'll definitely be around all the time to see what you lovely ladies are chatting about. I remember everything about the books perfectly so i'll be happy to join any discussion. :)
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I've only read the series once, so I was definately planning on rereading them before the movie, and this is a great way of doing so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shana! Love your Tumblr. So glad to see you participating. :)

      Delete
  3. I am so excited to participate with this read-a-thon, but this will be my first time participating in a read-a-thon. It sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it's our first time to host this kind og event as well, we'll promise to keep it fun and engaging. Thank you for joining, Shanan. :)

      Delete
  4. This seems really cool and I'd love to join in on this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo excited! This will be my first time
    participating in a read-a-thon! Haha and I have only read the series once, so this will be fun. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Just what I need to fuel my growing obsession, I never bothered with Harry Potter so this is a first for me. I only have the first as an audio book so this might be the perfect reason to buy an actual copy, (although really the whole trilogy is reason enough.)
    I'm gonna try to get a post up soon and get back here to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went out and bought the first book today already in paperback and jumped on the bandwagon :) I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just joined! Better late than never, right. I'm currently re-reading/reading THG to my husband in prep for the movie. I don't think March 23rd can get here soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...