Notice: I am NOT accepting review requests as of the moment. Please check back again.
Thank you for considering Smitten over Books for your reviews. Please read the review policy first before sending a request. You can contact me via email at smittenoverbooks(AT)gmail(DOT)com.
Review Policy (UPDATED on 6/26/14):
What I review
- I accept Young Adult, New Adult, and occasionally Middle Grade books. My preferred genres are Fantasy, Contemporary, Paranormal, Mystery/Thriller, Dystopia, Science Fiction and Chick Lit.
- I do accept ebooks in EPUB and PDF formats, but physical copies are preferred and will always receive priority.
- Those publisher/author's works I've read and liked before or books that are on my wishlist are guaranteed an approval.
- I am accepting self-published novels. For requests:
- Include your email and website (if there's any) and the title, author's name and genre of your book.
- Synopsis and/or a brief excerpt of the book is needed.
- For books in a series: If the book is not the first in a series, I might request reading the first book in the series if I haven't read it yet.
- Upon sending the request via email, I will send a notification stating that I have received and will be accepting the book for a review. If you have not received an email confirmation within 3-5 days, you can send another request. A notification will also be sent if your book did not meet the criteria and will not be reviewed.
How I Review
I am not a professional book critic/reviewer, but all my reviews are honest and unbiased. I cannot guarantee a positive review, but I will always be objective and thorough. I never include spoilers in my reviews unless unavoidable and this will be tagged accordingly. Reviews are posted here and on Goodreads.
I also have my own rating system.
Review Time Frame
Blogging is a hobby and as I have a life and a job outside of blogging, I can only read and review when time permits. ARCs/galleys that I have accepted will be reviewed prior to its release date, but for books that are already published, it might take 2 weeks to 2 months. However, acceptance of a book for a book review does not guarantee a review, and note that I may not be posting a review if a) I did not finish (DNF) or b) I did not enjoy (DNE) the book. Please be aware of this before sending a review request.
Author Interviews, Giveaways, and other promotional events
I like to be familiar with the works of the author I want to feature. For promotional events to be successful in the blog, I strongly feel that it should be a book that I can highly recommend. If I haven't previously enjoyed and read your works, I might not accept a request for any promotional event. If you would like to arrange an event, please contact me via email at smittenoverbooks(AT)gmail(DOT)com.
Copyright: All reviews/posts are owned by Smitten over Books. Reposting, copying, or quoting without permission is not allowed.
Disclosure: I receive no monetary compensation in reviewing books. All books featured on Smitten over Books are bought or borrowed unless otherwise stated. All books given as an advanced copy by the publisher/author do not influence nor affect my reviews in any way, and are indicated as such. Quotes taken from an uncorrected advanced copies might change in the finished copy.
All images seen on Smitten over Books are taken from the world wide web unless otherwise noted/specified. Images on this blog are copyright to its rightful owner. If there is an image appearing on this site that belongs to you and do not wish for it to appear on this site, please send me an email with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.